- I had a lovely birthday last Monday. Quiet, but had a sushi dinner with a good friend which was a great visit in itself. She's one of my favourite people: positive, supportive, fun, outgoing. It's always such an inspiration - and so uplifting - being around her.
- I also got my new driver's license. Up until November 2010, Yukoners had licenses that looked home-made. Seriously, you could watch the photos go through the laminator and walk away with a still-warm license 5 minutes later. Because this caused so many problems Outside, the government has brought in the new enhanced licenses - they are in line with what the provinces now have - and that should cut out any issues. I never had any, but there are stories out there.Cost: $50 (for 5 years)
- I got a box of Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling cards, too, which are quite lovely. This was a gift from a co-worker and entirely unexpected. I'm very pleased with them and am flattered by the gesture. I'll have to give myself a proper reading today.
- I've had a couple of extra shifts at work and "collected" a couple more through the end of the month. This will help my school funding and my debt repayments.
- Joey went to the vet and had his shave ($105). Here he is before:
- I laughed for about 15 minutes, but he stopped talking to me for two days. He's finally yelling at me again, so he's back to normal, but as I keep the apartment quite cool, he's finding it hard to stay warm. He apparently doesn't like to be under blankets, so I've turned the heat up in a couple of rooms for his comfort. It's all about the cats...
- Long, lovely Easter weekend... :) I've had one session with my trainer, a brunch date with a friend, a pot-luck vegetarian dinner with friends yesterday and I have another training session today. I also have to make a big dent in my final essay, which is due on Sunday. I haven't started yet, but have my references and information. I just have to write it all down and then review & revise.
- I made a Lemon Lust cake yesterday for dessert. I was a bit disappointed as it wasn't as lemony as I would have liked and the cake not as thick, but overall it was quite delicious. The buttercream icing was very, um, buttery, which I think was the issue I had with it. One of my friends had three pieces, though, so overall it was a hit. Always great company and great food. I love the holiday get-togethers we have.
- The weather has been superb this weekend! Just gorgeous.
- I finally took my bike in to get tuned-up so I can ride to work. It will be ready this week. Hurrah!
- I signed back on to Facebook yesterday after over three months away from it (mixed feelings about this), but was very quiet about it and didn't say 'hi' to anyone. I spent some time "unliking" some things and hiding and removing other things so that I'm not inclined to spend a lot of time on it anymore. I found that I didn't miss it at all. I'm quite proud of myself for having been able to (hopefully) beat the obsession, although I will have to monitor myself very, very carefully now that I'm back on.
- Now if I could only break my obsession with Angry Birds...
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and got some time to relax! I've been neglecting my blog readings, but look forward to spending an hour or so catching up.