Friday 22 December 2017

Happy Holidays!

en.wikipedia.org

However you celebrate, whatever you celebrate, I hope it's happy, safe and you spend it with people who love you.

I've been gifted the flu for the holiday so am currently feeling a bit sorry for myself. I have tea, blankets, food galore and entertainment (TV, iPad, books) so have plenty to do. Obviously I need the rest. Will I work at the hotel over the holidays? Only if I feel like it.

I left work early yesterday and didn't go in today, so my holidays have started a little early. My plans for tidying and decluttering, however, will remain intact, but I have so little energy at the moment, there's no point starting at the moment.

I wish kindness and compassion for 2018. We've been in short supply this year and we could all use a shot in the arm, so here's hoping hearts rule heads in the new year.

NLA xx

6 comments:

T'Pol said...

Happy Holidays to you too! Sorry about the flu but as long as you can rest, you will be fine. Wishing you a glorious and prosperous New Year! May all your dreams come true in 2018!

MW said...

Feel better soon, have a wonderful Christmas and New year and last but not least, a positive outcome with the super duper job with the high commission!

Jennifer said...

Happy Holidays to you as well. I am so sorry you are ill. I hope you feel better soon - if you can find some elderberry, it cuts the down time in half for me. It is called Sambucol here in the U.S., not sure if they have it there.

Northern Living Allowance said...

Thank you everyone! Feeling marginally more human today, fortunately, but now stuck with that nasty stuffed head, sneezes, cough... :P

Best wishes to you all for a lovely holiday xx

Saskatchewan Savings said...

Merry Christmas !! Hope we both have a speedy recovery lol Peppermint tea has been my friend at the moment, really soothing for my cough and sore throat

Northern Living Allowance said...

Hi SS! Thank you. Yes, here's to quick recoveries! I've been a fan of the hot lemon & honey - much nicer than the manufactured stuff out there, although I remain a steadfast fan of Neocitran... Happy Holidays! xx