Caribou on the Alaska Hwy, April 2011. They like to lick the salt off the asphalt, so you need to drive with caution because it can mean they're all over the road.
Technically, it's not yet Sunday night here, but what the heck? Here's my contribution to the chatter. :)
- Reading? "The Christie Curse" by Victoria Abbott. It's a cosy mystery, very well-written, about the supposed play that Agatha Christie wrote when she disappeared for eleven days.
- Listening to? My landlady in the kitchen upstairs. Birds singing outside. :)
- Watching? It's the two-hour season premiere of "Long Island Medium" today and I'm really looking forward to it. I love her. To the point I actually sent her a 'thank you' card last year! Just said she was, essentially, awesome and thank her for sharing her gift with so many people.
- Cooking/Baking? Chicken something today with rice. I'm trying to focus a BIT better on my diet lately. Baby steps. A lot more water and not quite so much sugar.
- Happy you accomplished this week? Graduated yesterday! Hurrah!! Great ceremony and even though I didn't participate, I attended as a guest and enjoyed the proceedings. I also learned that I made the Dean's list, and graduated with honours. So proud of myself! There were six of us in my program who made the list, a great representation, and 23 all together. I also officially resigned from my library job, which made me very happy. I should get a bit of a pay-out from that, which will go directly to my RRSP and sit there until I need it.
- Looking forward to next week? Clearing out some more stuff from my place. I'm losing my momentum, and have recruited a friend next weekend to help me organize and sort stuff out. Once more of the large furniture items have gone, I think it will make it a bit easier. I've already taken some stuff upstairs to my new room and have to keep reminding myself that all my winter gear will be mailed ahead of me, so I don't have to concern myself with that once I have set myself up.
- Thankful for today? Some rain to help clear away the last of the snow; fresh spring air (at last!). Talked to my mum for a bit.
- *Bonus Question* Do you ever "gamble", play the lottery,BINGO, sweepstakes, etc? I used to buy lottery tickets fairly often, but haven't years and have never played bingo. I spend all my money on books! Haha!