Saturday 26 December 2009

Boxing Day plans

I assume there's a bizillion things "on sale" right now around town, for those who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas. I'll also assume that that's where a lot of town will be headed.

Not me. I got a couple of phone calls, a nice visit with my friend and her family for dinner, baked some cookies and brownies, slept in...otherwise, I did not receive a single "thing" for Christmas. This makes me quite pleased, although I know there are a couple of items yet to arrive. I logged on to the computer this morning, as usual, and then remembered that it's Boxing Day! Our "Sale of Sales" Day, like Black Friday in the States.

I'd just like to ask: what sales? Apple sent me an email reminding me that I can still buy what I want if I didn't get what I want, but I see no knock-down, drag-em-out prices. Same with Amazon. Sure, I'd LOVE a KitchenAid mixer, but not at $340 (still too pricey for me). Canadian Tire has them on sale for $199 (!!), but where would I put it? Seriously. I just don't have the space for it anywhere.
:( Maybe next year...

Anyhoo, I'm not motivated to peruse a lot of sites, nor do I have the money to purchase anything. Besides, I don't NEED anything. I'm determined in the coming year to stop playing "ostrich" games with my money and just get the damn debt paid off! I have a list of three debts, each of which will be paid off at a certain time next year, to be completed by end of June. I am working on my goals list and will probably post it some time next week.

But as for today, I'm planning a trip to the local grocery store to pick up some steel wool and some oven cleaner. I've got some environmentally friendly stuff which works fairly well for light touch ups, but it needs a good old scrub and sometimes only the nasty stuff can get it done. Then some vacuuming, bathroom cleaning and that's that. I've got some DVDs from the library to watch, too. We've recently got the ENTIRE "Midsomer Murders" collection in, so I'm starting at #1 with that series. I love English mysteries!

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

T'Pol said...

Midsomer Murders! One of my favorites too! I am sure you will love it.

Happy New Year!