Friday 24 December 2021

Merry Christmas everyone!

 

socent.ie

Wishing you all a happy, safe, and restful holiday, whatever you're doing, and with whoever you're doing it with.

Stay well, stay safe, and best wishes for a safe and happy new year.

Here's hoping that 2022 has fewer (unwelcome) surprises for us all!


All is well here, I'm just tired. I've already been on holiday for a week and am not back at work until 4 January. It's been pretty hectic since October - a blog post will (hopefully) be forthcoming at some point over the holidays - and I'm taking advantage of the time to unwind, rest and relax.

So far, that has been a writing group get together (all of us taking lateral flow tests prior), getting my booster, visiting and catching up with my cousin, a long Skype call with a friend quarantining in Hong Kong, 'collecting' six more plants for the flat (think I've honestly hit my limit now!), a more or less full day at the office to tidy away some things before we closed, and marathoning 'Hoarders'. The Christmas lunch I usually have with my friends is postponed until January - Ex-Roomie E is stressed, exhausted, and not feeling particularly festive at the moment, so we're having a post-Christmas Christmas lunch sometime in January. This is absolutely fine with me.

I've also arranged a six-mile walk with a friend, a pub lunch at the end of it, on the 28th, and another walk on the 30th (with another friend, the first friend's sister). This, of course, is weather-dependent, as the rain has started in earnest now and is forecast pretty much for the rest of the month. So we'll see; I'd be happy to walk, and equally happy not to.

I have a list of reasonable tasks to complete over the next ten days and am not going to stress or worry if not everything gets done. I need to go back to work clear-headed and ready to focus because things are changing again, and I need to organise my thoughts and procedures. I've stocked up on everything I think I need, so don't have to leave the flat unless I absolutely have to from today. I've made a minestrone soup and am planning some roasted veg & sausages later on, as I wanted to utilise my time a bit more to cook properly.

So, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, Frohe Weihnachten, and Seasons Greetings to you in all your corners of the world!

edie.net

5 comments:

JiCaLu said...

Merry Christmas!!! Enjoy your well deserved time off!!

T'Pol said...

Merry belated Christmas! Good to hear from you again. Wishing you a happy, healthy and wonderful new year!

Northern Living Allowance said...

Hi JiCaLu - thank you! Hope you had a lovely holiday as well xx

Hi T'Pol - thank you! And all the best to you as well xx

Treaders said...

Enjoy your time off. Everyone just seems so exhausted that I think it's good to just let your body rest! Bonne année!

Northern Living Allowance said...

Hi Treaders! - thank you. Finally (!) feeling reasonably rested and relaxed. Has only taken a week… you’re right, though. It’s definitely feeling right to let my body rest. A new year, a new start! :) Happy New Year to you, too! xx