Saturday 21 October 2017

A bit of overtime!


Just today really. But how's that for an earworm? Oh, boy! That takes me back a bit.

Anyway, I 'volunteered' to do a few hours overtime (and am taking 15-mins to type this) as we were short staffed this week and our typing got a bit ahead of us. Although we're more or less up to date with it, it's easier to come in and hammer out a few reports so that it's not so overwhelming. The phones aren't ringing, there's no one asking me to do other things, and so it's actually far more productive.

Plus, it's a pretty miserable day today - Storm Brian is en route and there are heavy winds and periods of torrential rain. Apart from wondering how the cat is, I'm happy to be inside for the most part.

I won't see the extra pay until next month's pay cheque at this point, but any little bit extra is welcome.

I'd best get back to it, as I don't want to be here all day and have a couple more reports I'd like to get done before I leave (and it's almost 2:00 already).

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Once upon a time I was a secretary with the Royal Bank and used to arrive 2 hours before anyone else in order to stay on top of the typing. It was so quiet and peaceful and I could get a lot done before other staff started to arrive and the phones started to ring. Reflecting back (it was the late 80's) I'm surprised they gave me a master key to enter the bank so early!! I'm sure that doesn't happen nowadays.
You're experiencing the calm before the storm - hope it doesn't get too bad (the storm AND the overtime :)

Northern Living Allowance said...

Hi Jane! Well, I was quite productive and got five reports done in eight hours, so I consider that quite a win. I had a nice relaxing day yesterday, and am only at work two days this week, so am not going to overwork myself while I'm here. The MD isn't in for a couple of days, so there won't be too much to do, except typing, and it's more or less up to date so there's no rush there. Am looking forward to more time off! Haha! xx