I'm feeling much better today, but still not 100%. I took myself out for some errands this morning, being fairly strict with how much time I spent out and about the place as I didn't want to come in contact with too many people, nor did I actually feel all that energetic.
Groceries (there's that darn FOOD again!):
- brown basmati rice: $8.99
- 4L 2% milk: $5.97 <-- up $1!
- organic black & mahogany rice: $4.39
- PC extra old cheddar block: $5.98 <-- good deal! :)
- Rye bread: $6.99
- Ground turkey: $5.48. There were large holes in the meat section, as there was a washout on the highway and the trucks couldn't get through, apparently. No idea how long that takes to sort out.
- 4 Bananas: $1.97 (1.015 kg @ $1.94/kg)
- Caesar salad: $2.90
- lg container field greens: $5.48
Shoppers Drug Mart:
- 2 boxes tea: $5.98 ($2.99 ea, 100 bags per box)
- Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake ice cream: $10.00 (2/$10)
Cat food (for the two boys):
- 3 tins @$2.25 ea: $6.75
- 16lb bag dry: $48.90
- 4 boxes (15kg ea): $23.96 - $5.99 ea, regularly $7.99 ea, so a good buy! I almost went back to get more. The cats seem to be busier than usual the past while...
- Earth Balance buttery flavour spread 1.3kg (non-dairy, but not really margarine either, which is great because I hate margarine): $16.57
Total spent: $164.94
Splurge items: $35.95
- all Shopper's items, although I drink a LOT of tea and this is a good price for that many bags. They do go on sale for $1.99 occasionally, however, so I didn't have to get them today.
- Caesar salad
- Earth Balance. I could easily have bought butter instead, but I'm trying to move away from dairy where possible. And I know this is nice stuff because a friend of mine uses it. Next up, milk. If it continues to be so expensive, I'm going to have to start rationing and cutting back.
Otherwise, I'm pleased with the purchases. A number of things on sale when I wasn't expecting them, which is great, particularly those things I use all the time, like cat litter.
And ice cream...