Tuesday 21 February 2012

Tagged...twice!

So I completely forgot to fill out my questions after being tagged - twice! Once by the lovely Jane and again by our favourite prairie teacher, Jolie. Is this still going on? Is it worth it to tag anyone two weeks after the fact?

These are my answers to the questions, for what it's worth, however.

Jane's tag:


1. Describe yourself in seven words.
Funny, smart, lazy, undisciplined, easy-going, aloof, loving.

2. Why did you decide to start a blog? The first one was because I thought I had something interesting to say. This one because I wanted to keep myself accountable, learn some things and get serious about my financial future. Plus it’s way more fun and I met all of you, which is a tremendous bonus!

3. What is your favorite kind of cheese? Extra aged cheddar. Can. Not. Get. Enough.

4. What keeps you awake at night? Songs (various), thoughts and images of horse slaughter (I have not watched and will not watch YouTube videos detailing this, but nonetheless I imagine it), wishing I had a different job, one of the cats vomiting somewhere, the cats arguing, the cats lying on my chest, a sore neck, what I’d do with the money if I won the next Lotto Max jackpot…

5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? That I had much more discipline to do what I need to do (work, school, health, finance, etc).

6. Here's a question from Michael that he likes to ask me on the phone: "What are you wearing right now?" A pair of purple, snowflake decorated pajamas. SLA (Standard Lazing Apparel) of my evenings and weekends. That’s EXACTLY how often I go out in the evenings…hahaha!

7. Tell us something about the person who tagged you!
Jane lives in London, ON, and has a lovely daughter, Kazi, and a (really hot!) boyfriend, Michael. She’s a teacher and is cycling to Philadelphia – I think on a stationary bike. She has a marvelous sense of humour, a heck of a lot of fun and seems like the kind of person you can sit down with and have an easy conversation.

8. Stretch out your arm and tell us what is the closest thing to you right now? My little calico cat, Dinah. She’s tucked up into a loaf on the corner of the desk.

9. What's your favorite flavour of ice cream?  Do you lick your ice cream or bite right into it? Really anything with chocolate – there was an amazing flavour called “Moose Tracks” that I used to buy. Lovely creamy vanilla ice cream with a ribbon of fudge and mini peanut butter cups throughout. I also found an amazing coconut ice cream that I haven’t been able to find again. Coconut’s one of those funny things – you love it or hate it. I love it. Lately it’s a dark chocolate coconut ice cream. YUM!! I bite right into the ice cream. Why wait?

10. Do you prefer the truth or a white lie that doesn't hurt your feelings? Truth please! Give it to me straight – it’s not always what I want to hear, but it’s what I always NEED to hear.

11. Do you like your life right now? Why or why not?
Yes, because over the past couple of years I’ve opened up to so much awareness about myself and why I am the way I am (and what needs to be taken care of). I am truly fortunate and lucky to have a good job, a warm, comfortable home, three loving and entertaining furry companions, friends, family and a beautiful place to call home. And no, because I could be doing so much more with my life, but I’ve let fear take hold and that’s tripping me up badly. My creativity has become dormant to the point of non-existence, so I need to work on that badly and just let myself play, make mistakes, not be “perfect.”

Jolie's tag:

1) What is one small difference you do to make money changes in your world?
Pay attention to how I’m feeling. That seems to have a huge impact on whether I spend money or not and on what.

2) What piece of advice would you tell 22 year old you?
Go to school and get a degree – it doesn’t matter in what. Then get a certificate to Teach English as a Second Language so you can travel the world and for god’s sake, set some personal boundaries and start standing up for yourself!

3) What free entertainment makes you smile? Walking, photography, reading, my cats, spending time with my friends.

4) If you had the choice of $1000 a week for 10 weeks or $10 000 all at once, which would you take, and why?
The $1000 weekly. It feels like more, although it obviously isn’t, and I’d be less afraid that I’d spend it all at once and all randomly than if I got a lump sum. It just “feels” like the lump sum would have to be all put towards one thing, whereas the weekly payments “feel” more flexible and like I can apply them to more things. Doesn’t really make much sense, but there you are.

5) What is one thing you purchased in the past that you wish you hadn't? A business instead of a house. I got caught up in the enthusiasm and excitement of two others and still kick myself.

6) What one piece of advice would you give someone heading into their first adult job/career? Pay off your student debt asap and start saving 10% of your income. Make sure you love your work, and aren’t just doing it for the money.

7) What book would you take with you if you were stranded on a desert island? “War & Peace” so I would finally find the time to read it.

8) If you could go back to the past and have coffee/tea with 1 person, who would it be? My dad.

9) What is your favourite season and why?
Spring! Partly because it’s when my birthday falls and partly because everything is new and fresh and clean. A close second is autumn. Actually it's close enough to be a tie.

10) Cat lover or dog lover?
Both actually, but I have cats right now.

11) If your life were a movie, who should play you?
Sandra Bullock, because she’s awesome. Her or Betty White, just because I would love to meet Betty.

1 comment:

Jolie said...

Love your answers. Thanks for playing :-)