- Had my mid-term at school last week; not sure how I did, but I wasn't overly happy with it. I have to find out exactly what a "critical commentary" is and work on learning how to do one. Having said that, however, the instructor said he was being a bit lenient because there were "a lot of people" who didn't quite get it. So, I may have done better than I think.
- I can't for the life of me find my camera battery & charger. I bought a new battery, but it doesn't do me any good if I can't find my charger. The batteries cost $130 each. I remember taking the set off the wall at the old place and putting it...where...AGH!!
- The US travel is off, at least for this year. We are not allowed to take holidays at the hotel from May through September, which...okay, it's high season and fair enough. I'm not as disappointed as I could be or as much as my friend is, though. This means I won't have to save for a new car, 3 months worth of rent or the trip - all in 5 months! I am, instead, going to take at least one, and hopefully two, classes starting in the fall.
- It's "Roll up the Rim" time at Tim Horton's again! I've already won 2 teas! Granted, my visits increase by at least one extra a day, so it's not like I'm saving money here, but it's FUN and Tim Horton's is my one splurge I won't give up for frugaldom.
- I'm not missing cable at all! In fact, I sometimes forget I hav a TV. I've been so busy working on school projects or reading or playing computer games, I barely notice it anymore. I'm glad I cancelled the cable!
- I've managed to put an extra $300 on my student loan this month and an extra $250 on the LOC!
- I got an A+ on my play review at school! :) And an 'A' on my first essay!!
- I have started the Magic Jars again and am using them (as of today, but still...)
- I'm still keeping and rolling my change
- I will review my personal and financial goals at the end of March and see how I'm doing with my New Year's resolutions
- I am considering going down to minimum payments on my student loan and LOC for 6 months, so that I can plump up my travel, car, vet and EF funds instead. It will mean a bit longer to get out of debt, but I will be happier if I have slightly healthier accounts, too.
- I love being able to walk to work! I have 3 or 4 drive days a week, sometimes less. Once it's light from 6am - 9pm, I'll be walking everywhere. It's still a bit chilly once it gets dark out, although I do have to say that walking to work in -30C is...bracing.
- I made a $50 donation to GreaterGood.org to support the care of animals affected by the bushfires in Australia
- I have to start doing my taxes, as I finally have all my paperwork
- I have another job interview this week - fingers crossed for me!
- I broke down and bought a printer for home (it was on my Wish List)
I'm going to post some goals for March tomorrow I hope. I need to focus again. February was a bit strange, as I didn't feel at all goal-oriented or particularly motivated to get anything done. But the weather is finally warming up and we have almost 10 hours of sunlight a day now (sun rises at about 8, sets about 6:30). While the river won't start thawing for at least another two months, at least it's more pleasant to walk and be outside.
It's been nice to keep up with all of you, though, over the past month. So many great goals out there!