So. My current monthly expenditures break down like this:
Heat & Hydro: $150 (approx)
Gas: $100 (min)
Total: $1028.88 before groceries.
Potential monthly expenditures:
Internet (shared): $40
Phone: (landline) $35
Total: $993.28 before groceries
Moving won't save me much - if anything - but it's in the location I want and the couple who own the house are fantastic and would make really excellent landlords. I've invited them to come and meet my cats if they want to, so they know they're well taken care, clean and well-behaved. I felt really comfortable there, despite a t-i-n-y kitchen and it would be silly to say 'no'. It's empty and I could move stuff in early...I wouldn't be paying any more living there, which is great, although it would be nice to pay less of course. Waiting, on the other hand, will just frustrate me and I might not find something I like nearly as much mainly because the price is actually really good for where/what it is and where we are.
I wanted to sleep on it because I didn't want to make an impulsive decision and end up regretting a move - which is not a little thing. But having spoken with my sister and had some feedback from a couple of friends, I think I'm going to go ahead and take it. I really doubt I'll regret it, particularly since I've been wanting a move to this area for over six months.
Timing is everything! It seems I'll have a new home Feb 1! :)